Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Soap Challenge #2

I am participating in the soap challenge again :)

(You can participate too! Click here)

The challenge of this month is Winter Wonderland. You have to have cold processed soap with some kind of element of snow.


I wanted to participate in the all-natural category.

I didn't have any natural colourant that would make soap blue, so I used a very small amount of alkanet and hoped that it would somehow turn blue. But magic didn't happen, and it was purple (of course)...


So, I decided to go for the synthetic category.

I used a snow flake shaped mold as a base, a bear shaped mold and an iceberg shaped mold (you don't see much of iceberg but the bear is using it as a pillow), put them together, and created the theme of a polar bear enjoying a very cold snowy day.

The soap looks slightly crumbly because it's a salt bar. I thought salt would make it look icy, and it did :)


And... IT'S HERE!!! I think the polar bear looks very relaxed in the snow.





20 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sooo cute!!! I love them <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love the little polar bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet soap!! I love the expression on the polar bear's face - he definitely looks relaxed and at home. :) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Amy! Can't wait for the next challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are precious! You did a great job! (I used salt in mine, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had never tried salt bar before; I really like the texture.

      Delete
  7. The bear looks so happy, I can barely take the cuteness!! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww..Thank you for your kind comment:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet little guy. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, these are absolutely darling! The salt and sparkles were a fabulous touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debi! I'm glad that you were able to see the sparkles on the photos :)

      Delete