Thursday, March 17, 2016

Soap Challenge #3 - Rimmed Soap

Amy's soap challenge of this month was rimmed soap.

Step 1, make soap in a slab mold, gel it in the oven, and slice off a 4-5 mm sheet of soap, and make a cylinder to fit a Pringles chips can.

 I don't know what the white dots on the surface were, but not too worry, it has been sliced off.

Step 2, make another soap and pour the batter into the cylinder. I chose 100% coconut with 20% super fat, and scented with lime, bergamot, and lemongrass.

Every step I had to take to make this soap was new to me. I had never made soap in a slab mold, never forced soap to gel, never rolled soap... Actually, fitting the sheet of soap into a Pringles can was the most difficult step for me.

And... Here it is !
My first rimmed soap! It smells very fresh :) Because of the colour and the scent, I'm calling it Margarita soap.

And, another one (below). I call this one cantaloupe soap because of the colour combination.

16 comments:

  1. Wow, your soap came out amazing! There were a lot of "first time" for me too with this challenge. Your rim looks perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your soap came out amazing! There were a lot of "first time" for me too with this challenge. Your rim looks perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I almost didn't participate because the process looked so difficult on the tutorial video, but I'm glad I tried :)

      Delete
  3. Chichi:
    Very pretty! The scents on both sound yummy!
    Sly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, they both smell nice and fresh!

      Delete
  4. You did great, Chichi!! I love the soft colors and swirls on your rim - congrats on TWO successful rimmed soaps! And for pushing yourself to do new things - that's what this is all about! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I can't wait for the next month's challenge already :)

      Delete
  5. I love the soft pastel colors! These look amazing. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I only had oxides but the soap turned out ok.

      Delete
  6. Lovely soft colours, and I like how you did 100% coconut oil inside. I was thinking of doing that but I was afraid to try it. Now I know it will work! beautiful job! Isn't it fun to try something new? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was really fun! I hope you will try 100% coconut soap soon. You will love it :)

      Delete
  7. The colours are so delicate and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chichi, these are truly gorgeous - so delicate and beautiful! Absolutely FABULOUS job - on both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Debi! Thank you always for your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete